Sumitomo Electric Is Now Offering X-Band 200-Watt GaN IMFETs in Volume Production
September 4, 2015
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., a leading provider of advanced RF, wireless and optical communications solutions, is introducing an X-band GaN IMFET device into its lineup of high output power GaN products for X-band radar applications. p>
The new internally matched GaN HEMT provides over 200-watt output power in pulsed operation. Tuned for operation from 8.5 to 9.8 GHz, it offers broadband matching for 50-ohm systems.
The production of the device has been started based on Sumitomo's GaN wafer process and assembly flow, proven for their quality and capability in volume production of base station and radar applications.
This high-power GaN HEMT realizes:
- Reduction in power amp counts required in a system
- Internally matching for the 8.5-9.8 GHz radar band to provide high output power and power gain in a 50-ohm system
- High power added efficiency of 38%; typical at 200-watt output power for efficient operation and lower power consumption
- High power gain of 10 dB; typical at 200-watt output power
- 50-volt high voltage operation
- A small package, minimum length of 17.4 mm × 24.0 mm widely-used in the industry.
Sumitomo Electric is displaying this high power X-band GaN HEMT at EuMW 2015in Paris. You can learn more details at our exhibition booth 101.