Personal Information Protection Policy
- In order to implement the above declaration, we set rules for protecting personal information that our employees (including part-timers, temporary workers, etc.) and other related parties are required to follow, and make sure they are observed and up to modern standards.
- We use fair and legal means to collect personal information, and notify or publish details about the purposes for using it.
- The information collected in compliance with the rules above is handled only by authorized personnel for specific tasks with the following purposes.
- Personal information of customers or clients
- Promoting our products and services, or providing other information (including catalog delivery)
- Sales/supply of our products and services, and supporting these activities
- Product development
- Fulfillment of contracts
- Business negotiations, meetings, and other forms of communication
- Providing information on seminars, exhibitions, and other events
- Responding to inquiries and consulting
- Conducting and analyzing surveys
- Personal information of stockholders
- Exercising rights and performing obligations under the Companies Act
- Providing services
- Implementing various measures for stockholders
- Management of stockholder information based on laws and regulations, including creation of databases
- Personal information of employment applicants
Transmission of employment information to applicants and communication with them about selection procedures etc.
In the case of other purposes that are individually notified or published beforehand.
- We may use personal information, such as addresses, names, company names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, or comments on the inquiry form, jointly with Sumitomo Electric group companies with which we have concluded a memorandum regarding the use and control of personal information. The usage of the information is restricted to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes mentioned in the previous article.
Company in charge of personal information management:
Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.,
4-5-33 Kitahama, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0041, Japan
- In order to secure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we take measures to prevent unlawful access to or loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
- We do not provide personal information to third parties without the consent of the person or unless otherwise provided by laws or regulations with regard to privacy protection.
- When we consign the handling of personal information to a third party to the extent appropriate to accomplish the purposes of using the information, we take measures required by laws or regulations to prevent the personal information from leaking from the third party.
- Separate measures required by laws or regulations shall be taken to handle specific personal information.
- Upon request from individuals to disclose, correct, or stop using their personal information we have on file, we will respond to it properly in a manner specified by the company.
Revised on February 1, 2016
In charge of corporate personal information control
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.