Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. will exhibit at the 5th International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (IGEM 2014). Held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for four days from Thursday, October 16 to Sunday, October 19, 2014, IGEM is one of the largest environment- and energy-related general exhibitions in Southeast Asia.
We will exhibit the following product samples; wastewater treatment membrane modules, superconducting products, and other products including automotive parts manufactured at our sites in Malaysia. We will also feature a video to explain redox flow batteries, which are expected to contribute to the effective use of renewable energy.
- 1. POREFLON microfiltration membrane modules
- POREFLON porous membrane was developed with our proprietary technologies using PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) characterized by excellent chemical resistance, heat resistance, and durability. Sumitomo Electric produces POREFLON microfiltration membrane modules, filters bundling a large number of membranes. Featuring high strength, washability with almost all acid and alkali solvents, high water permeability, and ease of handling due to hydrophilic treatment, the modules are applicable to various wastewater treatment processes including that of wastewater with high oil content.
- 2. Megawatt-class electric power generation / storage system
- Designed for large power consumers, this system consists of the world’s largest redox flow batteries, Japan’s largest CPV (Concentrator Photovoltaic) system, and an EMS (Energy Management System) for controlling them.
- 3. Superconducting products
- Eco-friendly DI-BSCCO (bismuth-based superconducting wire of excellent quality) and DI-BSCCO-based products (e.g., superconducting cables and magnets) help improve energy efficiency.
Outline of IGEM 2014
||Thursday, October 16 to Sunday, October 19, 2014
||Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Water treatment membrane modules, megawatt-class electric power generation/storage systems, superconducting products, automotive parts
- DI-BSCCO and POREFLON are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.