Submerged POREFLON Membrane Module (SPMW Series)
Sumitomo Electric offers its SPMW series of submerged membrane module products that meet the specifications given in the Illustration of Submerged POREFLON Membrane Modules (SPMW Series). Principal applications of the membrane module include membrane bioreactor treatment (MBR*) and treatment of highly turbid wastewater. The air-receiving end has the Company's original U-shaped structure, a feature intended to provide efficient air scouring and a reduced level of activated sludge and other deposits on the membrane surfaces.
(1) Municipal sewage treatment (MBR)
(2) Industrial organic wastewater treatment (MBR)
(3) Treatment of high-concentration water-insoluble oil-contaminated wastewater
(4) Treatment of highly turbid wastewater
* Membrane bioreactor (MBR)
The membrane bioreactor, combining membrane separation with the decomposition of organic matter by activated sludge (microorganisms), is a treatment method for wastewater that principally contains organic matter.