While an increasing number of surveillance cameras are being installed in various locations to prevent crime and ensure safety, in many cases, video images are monitored by human eye 24 hours a day, which may result in failures to proactively detect unusual situations. To improve this inefficient operation, we have developed the “Smart Chaser™” VCA-Unit using advanced image recognition technology.
“Smart Chaser™” is the first VCA-Unit made in Japan which accurately detects a person who matches the specified alarm criteria among other moving objects displayed on the screen. This can be done simply by setting the camera installation conditions and the alarm criteria (e.g. intrusion and loitering) in the browser window and then connecting the device to a fixed surveillance camera. A “detection frame” is attached to the detected person, which increases the ease of viewing of a monitored image and allows the trajectory of the person in motion to be displayed while the person is being tracked. If a person matches the specified alarm criteria appears, an alarm sounds in the monitoring room in collaboration with peripheral devices. In addition, light- or sound-emitting intimidation device can be activated on the spot. The result is a device that enables accurate and efficient monitoring, contributing to crime and accident prevention as well as reduction in the workload of the monitoring operator.
In April 2014, we announced the release of an analog camera-enabled device for “Smart Chaser™” to address the requirements of image monitoring systems needed in a wide variety of situations. To meet the current need for replacement of an analog camera with a network camera, we will start sales of the network camera-enabled device in November 2014.
- 1．High detection accuracy
- The image recognition technology used in “Smart Chaser™” detects movement of a person with high accuracy. The detection is performed by excluding disturbances such as swaying of trees and changes in sunlight, through use of our proprietary algorithm with referring to the change in the camera image and learning data.
- 2．Easy to add to an existing network camera or an analog camera
- “Smart Chaser™” is a useful solution for detecting intrusion into a designated area. Installation of “Smart Chaser™” is easy and less expensive than the construction and installation of motion detectors.
- 3．Advanced monitoring system
- In addition to its monitoring capability, “Smart Chaser™” provides the ability to detect imminent danger. A conventional monitoring system, only used for viewing and recording images, can be upgraded to an advanced system that gives an alert when an irregular incident occurs.
【Examples of uses】
The function to detect intrusion and loitering in designated area can be used in a wide variety of situations in order to prevent crimes and improve security. While improving security, this system can also be used to ensure prevention of social concerns as well. For example, the unit can be used for ensuring safety in a mechanical multistory parking garage and preventing falls from a train station platform.
||Analog camera-enabled device
||Network camera-enabled device
|Overall dimensions of the main body
|Weight of the main body
|Power (dedicated AC adaptor)
||AC 100 V (50/60 Hz), output voltage/current: DC 5 V/2 A
||max. 10 W
|Allowable ambient temperature
||0 to 50°C
||20 to 85% RH (no condensation)
||NTSC signal 1 ch
||1 Stream (H.264, VGA) via LAN
||10Base-T / 100Base-Tx / 1000Base-T (Setup PC)
||10Base-T / 100Base-Tx / 1000Base-T (Setup PC, for network camera)
||NTSC analog camera
||AXIS network camera M1054 (for indoor use) M2014-E (for outdoor use)*2
||4 ch, maximum allowable voltage: 30 V (output negative common), maximum allowable current: 50 mA
The digital output transmits a detection signal and is connected to an alarm device and a recorder.
||4 ch, rated input voltage: 5 to 24 V (input positive common), rated minimum input current: 2 mA
The digital input is used to link to an external device (e.g. an infrared motion detector).
*1 Images from both analog cameras and network cameras cannot be processed at the same time. The analog camera- and network camera-enabled devices are from different lineups.
*2 Please consult us if you use a camera other than the compatible network camera listed in the table.
- This product is national specification in Japan.