Sumitomo Electric will showcase its Thunderbolt cables at IBC (International Broadcasting Convention) 2013 which is taking place September 13-17, 2013 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. IBC2013 is a one of the Europe’s largest show for audio, video, transmission products and digital media solutions.
In addition to the metal and optical Thunderbolt cables which have been in a high demand since the product’s launch in 2012, Sumitomo Electric will showcase thin Thunderbolt cable for the first time in Europe. The Thin Thunderbolt cable was certified by Intel Corporation in May 2013. We are looking forward to your visit to our booth location: 4.C73, RAI convention center.
- ・Thunderbolt Cable
- The Thunderbolt cable is developed by incorporating our advanced electric wire technology and high-speed data transmission technology. This cable achieves bidirectional data transfer at an ultra-high rate of up to 10 Gbps; more than 20 times faster compared to the currently popular USB 2.0 data transfer system, and twice as fast as a USB 3.0 type. The cable is well received for good operability and product lineup. The cable comes in lengths of 0.3 m to 3.0 m and colors of black and white to best serve customers' needs.
- ・Thin Thunderbolt Cable
- Sumitomo Electric has become the first company to receive Thunderbolt certification from Intel Corporation for the thin Thunderbolt cable and started the mass production in May 2013. Achievement for thin Thunderbolt cables results in approximately 25% smaller outer diameter and 42% smaller sectional area allowing this compact design improved flexibility and user friendliness. Transmission data rates are not compromised by this thin construction, and can reliably maintain high speed 10Gbps standards for this high technology cable.
- ・Optical Thunderbolt Cable
- Sumitomo Electric has become the first company to receive Thunderbolt certification from Intel Corporation for the optical Thunderbolt cable and started the mass production in December 2012. (As of April 2013, only Sumitomo Electric received the certification.) This cable comes in lengths of up to 30 m. Sumitomo Electric’s special optical fiber will provide high bend performance even when pinched by up to 180 degrees or tangled in knots.
||September 13-17, 2013
||RAI Convention Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation.