Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. will exhibit at 4th International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia (IGEM) for the first time. Held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for four days from Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13, 2013, IGEM is one of the largest environment- and energy-related general exhibitions in Southeast Asia.
We will exhibit panels of redox flow batteries (suited for effective use of renewable energy), superconducting products, and other products including wastewater treatment membrane modules. Our booths will also feature a video to explain how concentrated photovoltaics (CPV), redox flow batteries, and the energy management system (EMS) for controlling them help save electricity consumption and cut CO2 emissions at our Yokohama Works. We also demonstrate a magnetic levitation mechanism by using superconducting coils.
- 1. Superconducting products
- Eco-friendly DI-BSCCO (bismuth-based superconducting wire of excellent quality) and DI-BSCCO-based products (e.g., superconducting cables and magnets) help improve energy efficiency.
- 2. POREFLON microfiltration membrane modules
- POREFLON porous membrane was developed with our proprietary technologies using PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) characterized by excellent chemical resistance, heat resistance, and durability. Sumitomo Electric produces POREFLON microfiltration membrane modules, filters comprising a large number of membranes. Featuring high strength, washability with almost all acid and alkali solvents, high water permeability, and ease of handling due to hydrophilic treatment, the modules are applicable to various wastewater treatment processes including that of wastewater with high oil content.
- 3. Smart energy system
- Designed for large power consumers, this system consists of the world’s largest redox flow batteries, Japan’s largest CPV equipment, and an EMS for controlling them.
||Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13, 2013
||Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
||Superconducting products, water treatment membrane modules, smart energy systems
- "DI-BSCCO" and "POREFLON" are trademark or registered trademark of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.