Besides information about past or current facts, this Web site contains various forward-looking statements concerning projections of net sales and profits. These forward-looking statements are based on expectations and assumptions of future events reflecting information available at present to Sumitomo Electric and its Group companies concerning factors that may affect business results, such as economic conditions, including the industry outlook for the businesses of Sumitomo Electric and its Group companies, as well as exchange rates, etc.
Statements of future expectations embody known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Following are examples, but the risks and uncertainties are not limited to those listed below.
- General market and economic conditions in the U.S., Europe, Japan and other Asian countries, especially personal consumption and capital expenditure.
- Fluctuations of currency exchange rates, especially between Japanese yen and U.S. dollar, Euro and Asian currencies.
- Rapid technological development and Sumitomo Electric and its affiliated companies' ability to cope with it.
- Changes in various assumptions including financial, managerial, and environmental ones.
- Current and future laws and regulations by foreign countries about trading and other activities.
- Change in market value of securities that Sumitomo Electric and its affiliated companies own.
Consequently, please be advised that there are possibilities actual net sales and profits could be different from those described on this Web site. Sumitomo Electric and its affiliated companies are not obliged to update and make public any descriptions in forward-looking statements after releasing on this Web site.