Fiber & Photonic technology
- 1997- Joined Optical Communications R&D Laboratories, Sumitomo Electric, and has been working on research and development of optical fibers and related technologies over 15 years.
- Developed optical fibers; Conventional SMF, Pure-silica core fiber, Photosensitive fiber, Er-doped fiber, Photonic Crystal fiber, Hole-assisted fiber, Multi-core fiber etc.
- Developed passive optical components; optical fiber coupler, fiber array, connector.
- Engaged in research on photonic crystal fibers as a visiting researcher at University of Bath in 2006
- Managed R&D projects and their marketing