Sumitomo Electric Starts to Provide KDDI's "au-HIKARI" IPTV Services with 4K IP-Set Top Box
July 1, 2016
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
*This press release was originally published in Japanese on June 27, 2016.
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. starts to supply a new 4K Android TVTM IP Set Top Box "STW2000" to KDDI for its "au-HIKARI" IPTV services from June 29, 2016.
STW2000 is a new IP set-top box (IP-STB) for KDDI CORPORATION's "au-HIKARI" IPTV services that enables 4K video on demand services in addition to the current multi-channel broadcasting services for the Gigabit EPON (Ethernet passive optical network)-based FTTH (fiber to the home) subscribers of KDDI. The STW2000 IP-STB incorporates IPTV tuners, and customers can enjoy watching live broadcasting and recording*different channel contents simultaneously. The STW2000 IP-STB also enables flexible customer experience of watching live contents as well as video recorded contents at multiple locations at home, combined with mobile gears such as smart phones and tablets in the home networking environment.
The STW2000 utilizes Google's Android TV platform, and customers can download movies, video, music, games, and a variety of life entertainment contents via TV sets and mobile devices.
|Platform||Android™ 5.1, Lollipop|
|Media Device||Dual Core ARM 15, 12K DMIPS +GPU|
|Video Out Format||Max:4K(3840 x 2160)*, 60fps|
|Decode||H.265/HEVC Main10 Profile*
H.264/AVC High Profile, MPEG2 High Profile
|Transcode||H.264/AVC (2K) -> H.264/AVC (720p)|
|Expansion Interface||USB3.0 x 2|
|Wireless Interface||2 x 2 MIMO (IEEE802.11ac/n only)
IEEE802.11a/n/ac (5GHz)* ,
IEEE802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) Dual band non concurrent
Bluetooth 4.1 (BDR/EDR/BLE)
|IPTV Tuner||Triple Tuner|
|Remote Control||Bluetooth Low Energy, IR for television
Microphone for voice search
|Power Consumption||Less than 18 W (Typical)|
|Weight||About 400 g|
|Dimensions||About W 168 mm x D 160 mm x H 30 mm|
- au-HIKARI is trademark or registered trademark of KDDI CORPORATION.
- Google, Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google Inc.
- HDMI is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.
- Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Other company names, product names, and service names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.