Sumitomo Electric Group Exhibits in the 2016 International CES
December 18, 2015
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.
*This press release was issued on December 1, 2015 in Japan.
During the four-day period from January 6 to 9, 2016, Sumitomo Electric Group will show its products at the 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the world's largest consumer electronics trade show, held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
At CES 2016, the Sumitomo Electric Group will participate in the Smart Home category, showcasing the Group's strengths in mobility, energy and communications technologies, along with products and technologies that combine these to contribute to present and future environments and society.
- 1. Exhibition information
Period January 6-9, 2016 Location Sands Expo & Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV, United States Booth No. #71120, Level 2, Sands Expo, Tech West zone
- 2. Major exhibits
- 1) Electronics
- Sumitomo Electric has developed the world's smallest full-color laser module [6 (H) × 13 (W) × 11 (D) mm] comprising red, green and blue semiconductor lasers. This new module product is based on the Company's experience in materials and component mounting technologies. Its stable optical and electrical characteristics make the module suitable for a variety of applications, such as illumination, small projectors, and various sensors. At the trade show, Sumitomo Electric will demonstrate an illumination system incorporating this full color module.
- 2) Infocommunications
- The term "services gateway MR5172" refers to equipment that connects home networks to various cloud services, in compliance with the OSGi (formerly known as the Open Services Gateway initiative) specification. A single piece of this equipment makes management of the power supply and demand visible and controls various services such as security and health care in homes, offices and stores. Sumitomo Electric will feature a demonstration of practical connections of different sensors and electric appliances.
- 3) Environment and Energy
- In the exhibit category of Smart Home, Sumitomo Electric will display panels that portray Smart Home-related products and technologies of the Sumitomo Electric Group used to implement energy infrastructure.
In recent years, factories, offices and other heavy power consumers have been increasingly using distributed power systems incorporating renewable energy to help create an energy-efficient society. Sumitomo Electric's products shown on panels at the venue will include the sEMSA™ energy management system, which enables optimal use of power from a system of varied distributed power sources including renewable energy to ensure efficient use of energy, reduced environmental burdens, and minimized costs.
At the booth, Sumitomo Electric will introduce many other products associated with Smart Home. Visitors can experience and learn about the products through hands-on experience of the actual devices and board panels.